Friday, June 18, 2010

The Day Before

Friday, June 18, 2010

Yes, no - this is it.

Tomorrow is the start of The Big Ride, and I readily admit to a case of the flutters.



Questions abound.

Did I train enough? I hope so.
Did I train too much? Probably not.
Is it going to rain? Who the hell knows.
Is my bike ready? Thanks to Eli, yes.
Will I have any flats? I hope not, but I’m ready if I do.
Will there be any crashes? Oh yeah.
Am I forgetting anything? Probably.
Will I feel like this at the end of it all? Good chance!

Once again, huge thanks to everybody who has supported me this past few months, (especially my dear sweet Penny - I couldn’t have done it without you). Your financial contributions exceeded my personal goal by almost 50%, and pushed our Team Napier goal way over the top. Congratulations to all of you!

As important as the money is, what has meant more to me is the personal support from all of you. It has been truly inspiring. I will transform that support into pedal power and carry you all in my heart to the finish line.

Well, that’s it for now. I have to clean and prep the bike, finish packing, check my checklists again (and again), and get ready for some serious carbo loading with the rest of the Team.

I’ll be back next week with a full report.

No comments:

Post a Comment